Snap-in Failed to Initialize: Console

When you try to open a program that involves security policies (such as Local Security Policy, Group Policy, or Domain Security Policy), that may not open, and you may receive an error message similar to the following messages:

Snap-in failed to initialize.
Name: Group Policy CLSID: {8FC0B734-A0E1-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571-E3}

or

Snap-in failed to initialize.
Name: Resultant Set of Policy CLSID:{6DC3804B-7212-458D-ADB0-9A07E2AE1FA2}

or


Snap-in failed to initialize.
Name: Software Installation (Computers) CLSID:{942A8E4F-A261-11D1-A760-00C04FB9603F}

or


Snap-in failed to initialize.
Name:
CLSID:{8FC0B734-A0E1-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3}

This occurs if the PATH environment variable does not include the %SystemRoot%\System32\WBEM folder.

Steps to resolve:

1.
Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

2. On the
Advanced tab, click Environment Variables.

3. Under
System Variables click on the PATH environment variable and click Edit button.

4. Type:
(copy and paste)

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\system32\WBEM



Note: If other system variables appear, do not change/remove them.

5. Click
OK, and then click OK.
©Microsoft Help and Support
----------------------------------------------------

If the problem is not the above one, try replacing the gpedit.msc file in system32 folder with its original one from the Windows XP CD.

Steps:

1. Insert the Windows XP CD in the CD Drive.

2. From Start menu, select Run. Type the following and hit Enter.

expand J:\i386\gpedit.ms_ C:\windows\system32\gpedit.msc


where J: is the CD Drive, and C: is the Windows Drive.

A window flashes in the screen. The file will be replaced.


HelperOnComputer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I agree but I think the collection should have more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone! I do not know where to start but hope this place will be useful for me.
I will be happy to get some help at the beginning.
Thanks and good luck everyone! ;)

Please Note:

Please note that, you may not be able to download some files that are given in my blog entries. Its due to the withdrawal of one of my file server site.Since I have no much time to work on this blog, I cannot upload all the files once again to another server. If you are in urgent for any one of such files, please leave me a scrap regarding it, I'll upload only that file on other server.
-WaseemSR™