Use System Restore when Windows fails to start.

If you have enabled System Restore (How to enable?), you can use it when you fails to boot into Windows.

How to do:

Restart your computer.

Press F8 before the Windows Logo displays. (Keep pressing F8 from the starting itself, if you hav'nt understood when)

Then the Windows Boot Menu displays.

Select Safemode With Command Prompt and hit Enter.

Windows loads to Command Prompt.

Then type the following:

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and hit Enter.

That loads the System Restore window. Continue as usual restoration.

1 comment:

ANIL RAI said...

Very Good!
Many times I had thought how to to do system restore if I am not able to access windows. Today I got answer to my query. Thanks so much. Keep up the good work.
Just one suggestion for your blog. I wish you had made the index, with links to relevant topic, so as to make it easy to browse through your blog, with links to relevant topic.
Best wishes.

Please Note:

Please note that, you may not be able to download some files that are given in my blog entries. Its due to the withdrawal of one of my file server site.Since I have no much time to work on this blog, I cannot upload all the files once again to another server. If you are in urgent for any one of such files, please leave me a scrap regarding it, I'll upload only that file on other server.
-WaseemSR™