Directly jump to a Registry Key

This method is used to jump directly to a Registry Key rather than manually finding it.
This method uses a VB Script.

Method:
1. Open Notepad.
2. Copy the following lines to the Notepad.

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Dim MyKey
MyKey = Inputbox("Type the Registry path")
MyKey = "My Computer\" & MyKey
WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Regedit\Lastkey",MyKey,"REG_SZ"
WshShell.Run "regedit", 1,True
Set WshShell = Nothing


3.Save the file. Change the extension from .txt to .vbs .
4. Double click the file and then type the registry path which you need to open.
For Example:
type HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{69912A20-9BD4-30C4-8CF8-D7046347A218} to get to that key.

Warning: The above method does not help if Registry Editor is already open.Close the Registry Editor and use.

No comments:

Please Note:

Please note that, you may not be able to download some files that are given in my blog entries. Its due to the withdrawal of one of my file server site.Since I have no much time to work on this blog, I cannot upload all the files once again to another server. If you are in urgent for any one of such files, please leave me a scrap regarding it, I'll upload only that file on other server.
-WaseemSR™