Explorer.exe not found : Error

When you start Windows XP, an error may occur showing "explorer.exe not found".
Windows do not shows any icons or start menu. The screen will be blank
This occurs when, the file explorer.exe in the Windows folder.

You can try these methods to restore the file.

For this, you need the Windows XP installation CD.


Method 1:

1. Insert the Windows XP CD in the drive. (If Autoplay screen comes, close it.)
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to Open Task Manager.
3. From the Files menu, select New Task (Run...).
4. Type sfc /scannow and press Enter. (or click OK)
5. This starts a process which replaces the missed/replaced files with original one.


Method 2:

Follow upto the 3rd step of the above method.
4. Type expand X:\i386\explorer.ex_ C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe and press Enter.
The file will be replaced with the original one.

Method 3:

If Task Manager is disabled, you can repair Windows XP by this method.

1. Insert the Windows CD in the drive.
2. Restart system, enter into BIOS (press F2 / Del)
3. Change the first Boot device to your CD Drive.
4. Load the CD, and enter the XP installation wizard.
5. Continue to the selection of drive.
6. After selecting the drive of Windows, press R to repair.


If you have further doubts on this topic, you can scrap me in my Orkut Profile.

1 comment:

manu said...

my internet explorer not working. but others such as google chrome is working. when i click on internet explorer it says ""cannot display web page... diagnose connection problems""
so i wish u help me in this. thankig you
my mail: manulovable42@gmail.com

Please Note:

Please note that, you may not be able to download some files that are given in my blog entries. Its due to the withdrawal of one of my file server site.Since I have no much time to work on this blog, I cannot upload all the files once again to another server. If you are in urgent for any one of such files, please leave me a scrap regarding it, I'll upload only that file on other server.
-WaseemSR™