Change Default Folder's Paths

By this method, you can change the path of the default folders to any folder that you decide.

Steps:


1. Open Registry Editor. ( Start > Run > Regedit ) [(No Run?)(Regedit Disabled?)]
2. Get to this location:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
3. Export the Key Shell Folder.

3. Now in right pane, you can see following entries which corresponds to the implied folder (Given below in brown color)
Please do not try the items given in Red color.

Administrative Tools

AppData > Application Data

Cache > Temporary Internet Files
CD Burning > Folder used for storing data for writing to CD.
Cookies
Desktop
Favorites
History

Fonts

Local Application Data
Local Settings
My Music
My Pictures

My Videos

NetHood
My Documents
PrintHood
Programs Files
Recent Documents
Send To
Start Menu
Startup
Templates


Double click the entry for which you want to change the path, and enter the New Path.




For further help on this topic, you can visit Orkut Profile and scrap there.

No comments:

Please Note:

Please note that, you may not be able to download some files that are given in my blog entries. Its due to the withdrawal of one of my file server site.Since I have no much time to work on this blog, I cannot upload all the files once again to another server. If you are in urgent for any one of such files, please leave me a scrap regarding it, I'll upload only that file on other server.
-WaseemSR™