No Appearance, Themes and Screen Saver in Display Properties

Before doing these steps, make sure that you have completely removed all viruses, malwares etc. from your system.


Sometimes, in Display Properties, there will be no Appearance and Themes or Screen Saver tabs.


Using this method, you can get it back.

Steps:

1. From the Start menu, select Run. Type gpedit.msc and hit Enter. [(No Run?)(error?)]
General Policy window opens.

2. Get to this location from the left tab:
User Configuration > Administrative Templates
> Control Panel > Display

3. From the right tab double click open the following items and set Disabled.
Hide Appearance and Themes tab - for Appearance and themes tab.
Hide Screen Saver tab - for Screen Saver tab.



4. Close General Policy Window.


For further help on this topic, you can scrap me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can anyone recommend the well-priced Remote Management utility for a small IT service company like mine? Does anyone use Kaseya.com or GFI.com? How do they compare to these guys I found recently: N-able N-central help desk software
? What is your best take in cost vs performance among those three? I need a good advice please... Thanks in advance!

Please Note:

Please note that, you may not be able to download some files that are given in my blog entries. Its due to the withdrawal of one of my file server site.Since I have no much time to work on this blog, I cannot upload all the files once again to another server. If you are in urgent for any one of such files, please leave me a scrap regarding it, I'll upload only that file on other server.
-WaseemSR™